Sunday, March 27, 2011

OPI Black Shatter Review

This is the first time I've tried anything like this.

I have the flu so my hands are a little shaky hence all the polish on my skin.  I'll go back later and clean it off with a cotton tip once it's all hard but you get the idea.


I applied it over OPI Strawberry Margarita.  It could have done with an extra coat of pink but I was impatient!


The formula is quite different to a normal polish.  It dries very fast and I noticed it goes kind of gluggy and lumpy on the stick.  I wonder whether the bottle will become full of lumps with time??

Less is more for a better effect so a thin streaky coat is fine.

It also dries very matte so a top coat for a nice shine is essential.

I can't wait for the new shatter colours to come out!  I'll also be trying China Glaze's Crackle range and comparing them.

I also realized this effect looks best with an opaque, creme polish and most of mine are shimmery, frosted or sparkly so looks like I'll need to go shopping again!

No comments:

Post a Comment