Friday, April 15, 2011

Yummy Mummy's Sigma Unboxing Haul

My brushes from Sigma have arrived!!!

I'm so grateful to our postie for timing her package deliveries a good hour after DH leaves for work.

First some rambling...

I've been wanting to try these for some time now and what better opportunity now that the last of my cheap-and-nasty brushes got ruined.

That would be by the same person who ground several Clinique lipsticks, creams and perfumes into the carpet...and the same person who dusts his toy cars with MAC Studio Fix to get a rugged, desert look.  

Anyway the decision on what to choose was SO hard!

Initially I thought either the Complete Kit or the Premium Professional Kit were the way to go buuuuut...I wanted some of the brushes from BOTH kits.

I briefly entertained the thought of buying both but I'd end up with 27 different brushes!  Several were very very similar and given I'm not a professional MUA, I wouldn't benefit from the subtle differences...plus I didn't want to spend that much on brushes I'd never tried before.

I also didn't want to buy individual brushes since the kits are much better value.

That's when I noticed the Travel Kit and Premium Travel Kit.

There were 2 kits - one to complement each of the above brush kits and each contained 7 most popular brushes from full sized kit.

There were other advantages...the main one being these kits come in the lovely pale pink colour I love.

Another plus is that each kit comes with an extra free brush so it makes a total of 16 different brushes - the best of both kits.

The only downside for some people might be that the brushes are travel sized.  This turns out to be another plus for me.  I frequently am rushing around and often the only time left to do makeup is while driving to wherever it is that I'm going.

Well maybe not exactly while driving...more like red lights and traffic jams.

If I like the travel kits enough and need more brushes then I can always buy the full sized sets in the future and not worry about doubling up since they'll be for use at home as opposed to in the car etc.

Now onto the exciting bit!

Once I cut through all the tape this is what I saw:

The free E25 from the Premium Travel kit was just jumping out of the box!


I love how the brush sets are packed!


Starting with the Premium Travel Kit since the E25 was so eager to get out.  Each kit comes with a brush guide and care instructions


All the brushes come in plastic sleeves with bristle covers


Close up of the brushes with the free E25 at the top.



Now for the regular Travel Kit.  Love the organza bags they use for packaging!



Just as nice as the other one...


With the free foundation brush!


To summarize, the Travel kit comes with the following brushes:
Pencil - E30
Tapered Blending - E40
Eye Shading - E55
Large Powder - F30
Large Angled Contour - F40

Duo Fibre - F50
Concealer - F70
          Free Travel sized F60 Foundation brush

The Premium Travel kit comes with:

Small Eye Liner - E10
Short Shader - E20

Small Tapered Blending - E45
Large Fluff - E50

Duo Fibre Powder/Blush - F15
 
Tapered face -F25
Large Concealer - F65   
Free travel size E25 blending brush
I'm so happy with these brushes!  They so soft and feel heavy in your hand.

BBL with a review!

No comments:

Post a Comment